Monday, April 14, 2014

Diabelli Project 036 - Invention in B-flat

The Diabelli Project is about offering my weekly flash-composition sketches freely to all. Like Antonio Diabelli's theme these sketches aren't great music. But perhaps (as in Diabelli's case) there's a Beethoven out there who can do great things with them.

The purpose of the Diabelli Project is to keep the creative juices flowing by dashing off these little flash compositions with nothing between thought and paper. So yes, I've done a lot of "inventions" in a row. That's alright. It's what I felt like at the time. I've also used a repeated note to start a motif before, too. But what happens next is a little different. And what I find interesting about this piece is how much farther along I got than before.

My very first attempt (001 Canon at the Octave) I wrote about half as much -- and it was a struggle to do so.


What happens next? That's up to you. With these Diabelli Project sketches, there's a standing invitation for anyone to finish them any way they'd like. Just let me know the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment